Well, after the component-related fiasco that was our first game of Middle-Earth Quest, all four of us unanimously decided to have another bash at it this week.
Here were the roles this time out:
In Part I of this session podcast:
- I attempt to take out the Black Serpent after a false start.
- Andrew's early efforts get ham-stringed.
- Dean travels There and Back Again.
- Chad Vader does evil stuff.
In Part II:
- Dean deals a death-blow to the wounded Serpent and then has to wade through hip-deep corruption, er, I mean influence.
- I cock up the "Rest" rules yet again and then bake up a pan of healin' muffins.
- Andrew makes every effort to put snagas on Middle-Earth's engangered species list, circumvents a monster trap and then becomes distracted by Penguins.
- Sauron reveals that his boundless evil is only matched by his atrocious taste in music.
Part III "Highlights":
- An "Unexpected Betrayal" extends my recovery time and I show just how honor-bound I am by politely pulling my canoe over when a Southron inquires into the possibility of ganking me.
- After paging "Mr. Crebain", Dean gets hambushed by Sauron's Mouthguard.
- Andrew finally ponders the possibility of doing something.
- News flash: Sauron still evil.
In Part IV:
- My hand is forced against Kevin of Gorgoroth.
- Andrew tries to avenge me but I end up avenging him.
- Dean tries to avenge himself.
- Chad proves that you can't keep a good villain down, especially when it involves the Hero's victory condition.
- One of Sauron's drones proves to be about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
- Dean manages to kill his arch nemesis but then promptly walks into a discarded rake "Sideshow Bob"-style.
- Andrew ponders the lucrative possibilities inherent in party betrayal.
- We realize, all too late, that Evil is surging. Mercifully, Evil is also very absent-minded.
Photos by Chad Seward.